This time I am going to share a simple salad recipe for lunch. When I was looking for simple lunch recipe on Youtube–because I’m getting bored to eat such local cuisines, I stumbled upon on some of food vlogger channels who make simple salad for lunch. Before we step further to the recipe, I want to share my experience after I took this salad for a few consecutive days.
I have no idea but everytime the month period hit me, I have always got pain in my belly on the first day. But magically, I didn’t feel any pain at this time. I am not sure yet whether it is because I took raw vegetables. Besides that, I also took a bottle of cold-pressed juice from Re.Juve (not an endorsement) once in a week. My favourite is Green Glory (contains: spinach, celery stick, pineapple and orange) and Firey Beat (contains: beetroot, cucumber, apple, pineapple and ginger). I personally fallin’ love with the flavour, it is very healthy, fresh and the most important is it is sugar-free. I became a fan of Re.Juve products since then.
So, back to the salad recipe. I bought all the ingredients from Ranch Market at Epicentrum because I thought I couldn’t get baby spinach at the traditional market. On that day, I was looking for some products for my breakfast such as oatmeal, granola and yogurt and when I passed through the vegetable shelf I saw the lettuce were on-sale, ‘buy one get one free’, and in all of a sudden a bowl of salad appear in my mind.
- 2 bucket of lettuce for Rp 20,000–bogof
- 1 pack Australian baby spinach for Rp 51,000
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes for Rp 15,000
- 1 red onion for Rp 14,000
- 1 bottle extra virgin olive oil for Rp 48,000
- 1 grind coriander for Rp 7,000
- 1 black pepper for Rp 16,500 (bought this at Giant market)
- Total = Rp 171,500
- Romaine lettuce, cut into bite size
- Baby spinach, as it is
- Cherry tomatoes, as it is
- Red onion, diced, 1 tbsp
- Put all the vegetable into the bowl
- Add 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Add grind coriander, to taste
- Add grind black pepper, to taste
- Toss things around